ALL RIGHT INTERNET FRIENDS, PREPARE TO BE EDUCATED
(paraphrased from a 60-page paper that my university allowed me to write for actual credits, because old people are terrified and mystified by the internets, apparently)
note: the study of the history of sexuality has adopted the idea that the model of a person having a single, fixed sexual orientation is a recent ideological development. this in no way is meant to imply that you are not entitled to your sexual identity. rather, it says that the ways we have come to understand ourselves are always changing.
The movies that will really freak you out are the ones that are mind blowing and full of twists.
Tumblr has a lot of horror movie posts but I have yet to see a psychological thriller one, so here you go! Enjoy :)
Please look up a brief description of each movie to check for triggers before watching.
- Shutter Island (2010)
- The Machinist (2004)
- Silence of the Lambs (1991)
- Jacob’s Ladder (1990)
- Black Swan (2010)
- Memento (2000)
- The Flock (2007)
- Requiem for a Dream (2000)
- Anamorph (2007)
- Martyrs (2008)
- The Butterfly Effect (2004)
- Rosemary’s Baby (1968)
- The 6th Sense (1999)
- Side Effects (2013)
- Sinister (2012)
- Extracted (2012)
- Red Lights (2012)
- Sleep Tight (2011)
- Absentia (2011)
- I Saw The Devil (2010)
- Frozen (2010)
- Orphan (2009)
- The Killing Room (2009)
- The Broken (2008)
- Awake (2007)
- Inside (2007)
- Mr.Brooks (2007)
- Vacancy (2007)
- Zodiac (2007)
- Bug (2006)
- Dark Water (2005)
- White Noise (2005)
- Hard Candy (2005)
- Secret Window (2004)
- Saw (2004)
- Saw II (2005)
- Saw III (2006)
- Saw IV (2007)
- Saw V (2008)
- Saw VI (2009)
- Saw 3D (2010)
- Stoker (2013)
- Frailty (2001)
- What Lies Beneath (2000)
- Identity (2003)
- Mindhunters (2004)
- Triangle (2009)
- Spider (2002)
- Flight Plan (2005)
- Unknown (2011)
- The Jacket (2005)
- Stay (2005)
- Seven (1995)
- Tell No One (2006)
- Das Experiment (2006)
- Angel Heart (1987)
- The Uninvited (2009)
- The Others (2001)
- The Skeleton Key (2005)
- In Dreams (1999)
- The Gift (2000)
- Primal Fear (1996)
- Deception (2008)
- The Invisible (2007)
- Arlington Road (1999)
- Phone Booth (2002)
- American Psycho (2000)
- Cube (1997)
- The Fourth Kind (2009)
- Insomnia (2002)
Requested to be reblogged again
In order to celebrate the upcoming release of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, I figured it was time for a big giveaway.
1stPlace – A copy of the Pokémon Game of your choice; either Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire (it will be pre-ordered and ready to be dispatched to your address), any two of the above plushes, a Pokémon Card signed by Veronica Taylor (The original English voice of Ash Ketchum), as well as an in-game Pokémon of your choice (in-game meaning Pokémon X&Y, and excluding Diance, Volcanion, and Hoopa).
2nd Place – Any two of the remaining plushes, a Pokémon Card signed by Veronica Taylor (The original English voice of Ash Ketchum), as well as an in-game Pokémon of your choice (in-game meaning Pokémon X&Y, and excluding Diance, Volcanion, and Hoopa).
3rd Place – The final remaining plush, a Pokémon Card signed by Veronica Taylor (The original English voice of Ash Ketchum), as well as an in-game Pokémon of your choice (in-game meaning Pokémon X&Y, and excluding Diance, Volcanion, and Hoopa).
4th Place and 5th Place - A Pokémon Card signed by Veronica Taylor (The original English voice of Ash Ketchum), as well as an in-game Pokémon of your choice (in-game meaning Pokémon X&Y, and excluding Diance, Volcanion, and Hoopa).
An additional 5 people will receive an in-game Pokémon of their choice (in-game meaning Pokémon X&Y, and excluding Diance, Volcanion, and Hoopa).
(All 10 winners will also be featured as an NPC in the Pokémon game that I am currently working on. It’s not too exciting, but I figured it’s something a little different)
There is also ONE SECRET MYSTERY PRIZE which will be randomly given to one of the first 5 winners.
- Likes and Reblogs both count; but only 1 of each
- No giveaway blogs
- Your ask box MUST be open; if it isn’t, I can’t contact you
- To claim in-game prizes, you MUST be happy exchanging friend codes, you MUST own a 2DS, 3DS, or 3DS XL along with a copy of Pokémon X or Pokémon Y
- Prizes 1-5 are for followers only (as is the mystery prize)
- Prizes 6-10 are open to anyone
- You MUST respond within 72 hours of me messaging you, otherwise another person will take your place
- Shipping worldwide
GIVEAWAY ENDS 19:00 (GMT), AUGUST 31st 2014
Prizes will be dispatched by September 10th (other than the copy of OR/AS, which will be dispatched directly from the retailer as the game is released)
- THE UP SERIES: It follows the lives of 14 children through their lives interviewing them every seven years. It’s amazing to see how they change and where they go. It shows that personality traits do not tend to be very static. Being introverted at 18 doesn’t determine how you’ll be at 32. A girl on there around 20 was totally against having a family and was very cynical about relationships and marriage. Next interview, she was happily wed with children. I link you to 7 UP, which is the first documentary in the series.
- QUEEN OF VERSAILLES:If you have any interest in the SUPER RICH of America and how absolutely delusional they can be, then this documentary will blow your mind. It’s a great window into the lives of people who literally have everything a person could need. Even when they loose everything, they’re entirely incapable of believing that they’re a normal citizen.
- THE ACT OF KILLING: One review describes it as: “This is the most gut-wrenching film I’ve ever seen. It actually makes you understand the nature and true face of evil, and it’s terrifying because it’s so, so normal. After watching it you know that in some other life, you could be him.”
- BABIES: It shows the different ways, different cultures raise their children. It shows how different but similar we all are at the end. They documentary follows 4 different babies, from Mongalia, to Tokyo, to Namibia and then the U.S
- INSIDE NORTH KOREA: An eye-opening film that shows you the truth about a hidden country
- TOUCHING THE VOID: A documentary about two mountain climbers who have an accident on their way back. As one review described it: “Better than any fictional suspense film. Just unreal. You know throughout that the two climbers lived because you’re sitting there watching them narrate, but at times you just can’t believe it.”
- THE COVE: A 2009 documentary film that analyzes and questions dolphin hunting practices in Japan. One review described it as “an impeccably crafted, suspenseful expose of the covert slaughter of dolphins in Japan.”
- THIS IS WHAT WINNING LOOKS LIKE: The documentary follows U.S. Marines as they train Afghan security forces, showing their ineptitude, drug abuse, sexual misconduct, and corruption as well as the reduced role of US Marines due to the troop withdrawal.
- BBC PLANET EARTH (All 11 Episodes): An HD exploration of our world. You’ll just love everything about this, trust me.
- JESUS CAMP: About a Christian summer camp, where children spend their summers being taught that they have “prophetic gifts” and can “take back America for Christ”. This documentary led to the shut down of this summer camp.
You may also like 10 Disturbing Documentaries
Feel free to add to this list!
look how silly this is! oh my god? you have to like do— oh. oh, oooh. oh. oh, oh, oooh. ooooooooOOOOO. ooooka— arin, don’t leave..! arin doNT— aaaaAAARIIIIInnn, I LOVE OYOOOOOO— NO, IM FUCKIGN DONE!!!! IM F UCKING DONE!! no youre not! THIS IS BULLSHIT!!!! im gonn a c— THIS IS FUCKING BULLSHIT!!! wh i cant— i C ANT C GET OFF!! WHAT IS TH IS ?!?!??!??I CA NT GET OFF!!!! WH AT IS THIS??!????? IM STUCK!! WHAT IS M Y LIFE?? ahhAaAHHA— I CAN T DO IT , JOn>. I CANT EeE— I CANT FUCKIGN D O IT., I TELL YOU W H AT ARIN, YOU CAN G I VE UP NOW, OR YOU CAN sEE IT OUt, BECAUSE I CERTIANLY CANT DO IT WITHOUT YOU, AND I KNOW YOU CANT DO IT WITHOTU ME .i appreciate it, BUT LOOK AT WH AT WE’RE DEALING WITH MAN!!!ahha„ ARin-YOU GOTTA DRAW THE LINE SOMEWHERE!! YOU GOTTA DRAW THE F UCKING LINE IN THE SAND, DUDE., WE GOTTA MAKE A STATEMENT. YOU GOOTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF A ND SAY,WWHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?? NOT FUCKING TH IS!!!!!! AaaaAAAA IM S U P ERMAN I BELIEVE I CAN FLY!!!! I BE LE ei eve, arin that was a beautiful little moment we just had. i think a both of us got a little heated? —a aaahh…— and we should apologize to each other. its because we’re in a lava stage, dude. —yUO JUST COME BA CK ALL CALM ‘its because we’re in a lava stage, dude.’ that was beautiful, arin, that was like poetry.
I got your backs, guys.
2. (I couldn’t track down the actual recipe for the second picture, so I’m just going to assume it’s Chocolate Coffee.)
3. Again, I couldn’t track this one down, but I think it’s an ice cream cake. Here’s ten different recipes for ice cream cakes in exchange for not finding that particular one.
6. This cake is supposedly from a restaurant or high-end bakery, but I wasn’t able to find the source or recipe for it. Sorry!
7. I know what these are! York Peppermint Patty Brownies!
8. yeah i’m pretty sure this is just a disassembled oreo smore thing it’s sort of self-explanatory
9. *shifty eyes* I couldn’t find this one either but here make this instead
10. My only guess for these is homemade ding dongs.